Certified Pharmacy Technician Role
- Under supervision of the Pharmacist, performs duties as assigned by Pharmacy Manager/Staff Pharmacist including utilizing pharmacy systems to enter patient and drug information, ensuring information is entered correctly, filling prescriptions by retrieving, counting, and pouring pharmaceutical drugs, verifying medicine is correct, and checking for possible interactions.
- Assists Pharmacists in maintaining workflow.
- Be able to make and receive telephone calls to and from patients.
- Engages patients by greeting them and offering assistance with products and services. Resolves patient issues and answers questions to ensure a positive patient experience.
- Understand and adhere to HIPAA regulations.
- Responsible and accountable for registering all related sales on assigned cash registers, collects, and handles cash as required.
- Assists and supports Pharmacy on inventory management activities, such as, ordering, unpacking, checking, and storing shipment of pharmaceuticals.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures; maintains respectful relationships with coworkers.
- Attends training and acquires continuing education credits. Maintains knowledge and skill in healthcare and pharmacy, including latest news and developments.